On 2 Jan 08:
Here I am, at the Annual Conference 2008 of AIESEC in Estonia. Being the MC VP X candidate for me the whole application period has been intense and last 2 days have for sure been the most challenging. Now looking back it was a challenging process with many learning points. Looking not that difficult actually, but it took a lot of preparation. I have felt a lot of support, so thank you guys! The speeches have been the most challenging part for me – but now at least I know I can handle this kind of things.
At this moment when I’m writing this we have voted, but the results have not been counted yet. With two more candidates for MC X(one from Kazakhstan and one from Brazil) feel truly calm, if I am good enough I get elected and if not, well I have some not too bad plan B-s in my hands.
So, with the sound of “What a beautiful world” by Louis Armstrong I leave my laptop and my room now :)
I got the confidence vote later that day. A lot of hugs. Congratulations. But I knew there was still the interview and still some competition.
The next day I flew to Stockholm. Interesting but also really extremely intense 3 days in Stockholm were the crucial point in this process for me. I kind of lost focus. I had my interview right after getting back.
I was not elected. Some of the thoughts about it can be found here
Looking back now I can only say that I'm totally confident with the result. Failure is not just a failure as long as you learn from it - when you start learning it becomes a valuable experience. And I learned a lot during this whole process and that's exactly what it is for me now a very valuable experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment