Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summary: Marina's Jan-May 2009

After a break of telling what I'm really up for it's time to make a summary of all the amazing moments that I have lived lately.

To sum it up I could say that during these months there have been 5 important things in my life (3 last ones are in chronological order).
1.
Uni - it feels like it's now even more difficult to prioritize this as I've been going to uni for almost 3 years already but still there is more than 2 years of studies to go, which is rather a lot I would say. Though I love learning sometimes I really feel that I'd love to be in a course where you have some step between(like separated BA-Master studies etc).
2.
Work - I have been part-time project manager for Estonian Design Centre starting from October 08 and so far I truly love it! Such a great way to move to a different level of professional approach compared to student organization and still work closely with very interesting and fascinating issues such as innovation, design and entrepreneurship. Plus I really think that we have a really cool, inspiring and motivating team which is always an extra value for something you do as often as 20hours a week.
3.
TUT Student Council - I have become closer to this organization through the project of International Week 2009(IW) and without having anything particular on my mind yet I believe in the future I might become involved in some more Student Council projects.
But to tell more about IW then it was a 8 days project for 20 participants where I as a project manager was final responsible for content, organizational side and funding. It was for me the biggest responsibility I had carried so far but based on the feedback I got from participants and the team I can say we managed really well! What I learned through this project is definitely to trust myself as a leader because maybe I'm often not too dominant but in my way I know I can get us to perform real quality. And additionally I got a big and useful lesson in terms of funds, fund applications, reports and such.
Still all in all - with such an amazing team we had it's no surprise we really rocked! ;-)

after the workshop we carried through with 7th and 8th grade students in Kurtna Põhikool

IW team at the aftermeeting in Megazone: Greta, Tarvo, Marilis, me, Robert, Evelin, Julia, Teele
(Tuuli, Jürgen, Olga missing from the photo)

4.
AIESEC - though it was planned that I will not be too much active this year my true self and passion for AIESEC has come out anyway and thus I was part of some really cool project together with awesome people.
So firstly I was part of the organizing team for AIESEC Estonia Annual Conference(AC) in the end of January which was a 4 days lasting event with 150 delegates in total. I remember it being really crazy in the end as it was exactly last week of session and I had to go straight from uni to deal with AC logistic and other issues and then return to uni to write another exam and then switch back to AC issues as well though tomorrow I'd have to write another exam that still needed craming etc. But AC team was amazing and I'm really happy for the experience, that brought me closer to organising all kinds of events on good level.
Our awesome AC organizers team - Liina, me, Laura, Ats, Jaanika

AIESEC Tallinn delegation at AC official dinner

totally tired but absolutely happy me during AC :-)

Secondly - I led the Baltic Synergy 2009 team and together with those 7 amazing people we organized a 4 day conference for 220 delegates in the Strand Hotel in Pärnu. Our team was just so GREAT and though in the beginning I felt really challenged about leading a team that was situated in different cities and only met few times in real before the conference I believe that we managed it all in a super way. The project also it raised my knowledge of funding processes and opportunities and I really start feeling that I'm getting more and more competent on this issue. But most of all this experience brought me closer to feel that anything is possible if you really want it. We really wanted to make a super conference from the beginning and despite of all the difficulties from the feedback we recieved it can be said the we raised the understanding of what is a quality conference in AIESEC Baltics level.

One of the unique moments with the organizing team - Jaana, Mammu, Riina, Martin, me, Siim I, Taavet (Siim II is missing from the photo). The picture was done on second day at 5am or so (so actually third day), after cleaning out the whole plenary and in extratired but condition yet ready to wake up in few hours to show awesome spirit and quality OC work again. Ah those moments - one of the peaks of the team spirit..hehe in fact we had soo many of those =)
5.
Dance - I have been going to two different courses about 10 dances and I have come back to realize how much I love all kinds of dances. It has come out to be such a great way to get my thoughts away from all the working issues and just relax in active way.

with my dance partner Robert at the TUT Students prom

So all in all the time has been passing amazingly and I have had a great amount of positive feedback for all I've been involved in also feeling that this is the right kind of an activity for me at this point. And thus life really is a miracle, it really is :)

No comments: