I had a really intresting job interview this Monday. The person who carried it through was somebody with a previous career in Student Council, somebody who I have quite some respect for.
Let me say the result - I did not get the job.
Still somehow I'm in peace with myself. It was a really really ambitious plan, but I have still a lifetime to full-fill it. As a second year student it is probably wiser to focus on studies and similar, after all the two working days a week I was able to promice does seem kind of not enough for this kind a of a job profile! I guess I have to find some other challenges, maybe more related to university or student life. Honestly, I already see some of them:)
But I was truly surprised as the first thing I thought after knowing the result was not "Damn" or something like this. It was rather an "It's good to be sayd "No" sometimes in order to really appreciate the "Yes" that the future consists of". And I know all in all that there will be many "Yes" answers throughout my life.
So, I'm still open for professional challenges. And I mean, of course I wanted this!! But I know there are many options out there!!And I'm still actively searching. But I guess it is maybe even too early to start a serious career at this point. And now, just after coming from an AIESEC meeting with a really cool HR boss in a quite big and prestigeous company, I realize that maybe AIESEC is my challenge?!I mean I've always known that it's my challenge, but maybe thats it for this very moment?!Maybe it's the only one, as here I know that every single action I make has a result, I have free hands to decide, I have people to lead and to motivate, I have visions to complete!!
So after my interview with this person who I have quite some respect for due to his years-long actions and his contribution to the student life, I feel motivated even after a "No".
But just as a remark. What a professional way they have to say "No" that I feel this way after it!!Conclusion. There are sooo many inspiring active people out there still in the Uni I've got to learn stuff from!!
But my time will also come;)
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment