Monday, September 3, 2007

Create your story - make it special!

Create your story - make it special!
It is the slogan of AIESEC Estonia recruitment this year. It is the slogan we wear on our shirts. It is the message we deliver. It is the message I feel has changed me a bit and made me think a lot.

While out of Estonia I got to know many people every day. I feel like introducing some of them. (None of them is AIESECer. And as I'll probably miss-spell the names so I'll better not write them.)

I met A. She is British. She studied arabian and was heading to Syria from Istanbul. Her mothers name is Marina. She lived and worked in Syria also before, now she was going back to unite with some friends and stay there for longer.

I met T. He is Turkish. He studied in Saudi Arabia medicine. He spoke good english, he was proud to tell me he was good in 5 languages. He knew some german, arabian, english, tyrkish and probably sth else. I met him on the metro. He went to Taxim just to walk the main street Istiklal as he told me. When I left him because of meeting some people I realized he actually didn't make a joke, he got there just to walk the street.

I met M. She is Korean. I met her in Istanbul but she was finally heading for Eastern Turkey. Last year she went to backpack in India, so now it was time to discover Turkey. She was the first person I had deeper converasations with in this town.

I met B. He is German. He taught me how to play tavla.
He is an art and sports teacher student, considering the chance of coming to study in Istanbul for a while, so he came to check out and get to know Istanbul before his final desicion.

I met E. He is Turkish. He is working next to the Korean hostel, the first place I stayed at. He was one of my first friends in this town. He lived for 5 years in UK, where he had his own business as he called it, a camera for taking pictures of people and a deal for this at one nice restaurant. Now he is waiting for his visa to go back. He was one of the nicest tyrkish people I met.

I met P. she is Turkish. She is a student. 5 months ago she joined salsa group in Istanbul. Now, she was training a lot and part of a local dancing group. She danced amazingly. I'll do my best to meet her again.

...

They are all creating their story each day. There is a story in every person that passes by the street each day we hurry to work. Sometimes we notice them, sometimes they notice us. But each day, each moment whether we notice it or not they are creating the stories. And living their lifes in a special way.

So, YOU CREATE YOUR STORY - AND MAKE IT SPECIAL!!

No comments: