Tuesday, July 24, 2007

17 once in a lifetime

Today at a salsa party where I just stoped by I met one girl. She seemed a nice person, and we started a chat. At some point she mentioned. "Oh, it's 11pm already, I had to be home that time", and I was really surprised. Turned out that she was a 10th grade highschool student, 17 years old.

It was so sweet how she felt a bit, just a bit uncomfortable. "I'm still small" she said:)

Funnily, this made me remember a situation I was in 3 years ago. I was just going to do a volunteers project in Germany, and was taking my plane to Munich. I have always been the kind of a person who enjoys chatting with people sitting next to me in planes. Thiat time it was a guy whose destination was LA, he planned to start jobbing there, but also had a guitar with him, to play music in the streets which according to him was a much better way of earning some money. So, we chatted, and I remember untill now that what he told me was "Oh you're 17..remember this time, for those are the best years of your life". No, I'm not considering myself as old, and nor am I sad about having all the experience I gained within of last 3 years. But in a way, this moment made me realize, how fast life walkes by.

And this is exactly why we should appreciate every moment!!

No comments: